Pea Noodle Pasta
I love this veggie filled pasta bowl with a healthy twist. Have you ever heard of Green Pea Rotini? I came across this at Costco and of course had to try it out after reading the label and the ONLY ingredient is green pea flour! It is high in fibre, a good source of protein, vegan, gluten free and non GMO. The health nut in me couldn’t pass this product up. Taste was my next concern considering I have never even heard of pea pasta before but I love the taste! You get the texture of pasta, which I love and the pea noodles don’t have much of a taste so they are perfect for using with pasta sauce.
My only complaint about this product is it needs to be eaten fresh. If you meal plan or like leftovers this will not work, once the pasta is in the fridge the noodles harden and even if reheated they don’t regain their texture. The box says simmer for 6 minutes but I cook mine for 7-8. This recipe will make one main meal or 2 side dishes. I cannot even finish the main meal and it doesn’t look like a lot but it is so filling. I highly recommend trying it out for a healthier version of your regular pasta dishes. Pick it up on your next Costco trip!
- 1 cup of Green Pea Rotini
- 3/4 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup of grated carrot
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup of cooked ground turkey
- Sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add 1 cup of Green Pea Rotini and simmer for 6-8 minutes then drain and add to sauce once its finished and serve.
- In medium saucepan spray with cooking oil and cook over medium heat
- Add 3/4 cup of tomato sauce to saucepan
- Press one clove of garlic and add to tomato sauce
- Grate one small carrot and add to sauce
- Add 1/3 cup of cooked ground turkey to sauce
- Add 1 handful of spinach halfway through cook time as it doesn't need long to cook
- Let sauce simmer for 10 minutes take off heat stir in the Green Pea Rotini
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve