Zucchini Noodle Pasta
I love pasta but not the amount of carbs and calories that come with it. I have been making zucchini noodles with a veggie spiralizer for close to a year now. My spiralizer is from Epicure and it’s amazing and quick, 30 seconds to spiralize a large zucchini. No more boiling water and waiting for your pasta to cook just throw all ingredients into a saucepan and cook for 6-8 minutes. If you like your zucchini noodles soft then you can cook for a few minutes longer. I make this whenever I have my friends over for dinner and its always a hit! For a vegetarian option don’t add the ground meat. This makes a great side dish or a main dish! This recipe is enough for 1 main dish or 2 side dishes.
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 clove of garlic pressed
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup of red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini spiralized
- 1/3 cup of cooked lean ground meat of your choice
- 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally and cook 6-8 minutes.
- Add salt/pepper or seasoning of your choice for taste. I used Epicure's Red Garlic Sansel for my seasoning.
- Sprinkle with parmesan before eating.